The AusTIX Box Office Representative and New Media Development Assistant position available for the Greater Austin Creative Alliance’s AusTIX Box Office, downtown at the Austin Visitor’s Center.
Would prefer experience in sales, arts marketing, online content production and management, 30 hours per week Tuesday through Saturday 11am-5pm – $10.00 per hour to start
* Self-motivated, organized, adaptable.
* Excellent people skills and strong customer-service ethos.
* Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize duties, and work independently as well as part of a team.
* Ability to problem-solve.
* Respect for a diversity of cultures.
* High level of comfort with technology and the ability to learn new software. Computer skills required but not limited to Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop.
* Online literacy at a high level to include managing entries on our internal software platforms for both our ticketing system and our calendar site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Prepare and distribute ticketing contracts to producers
* Seek out new clients who may wish to offer discounted tickets on AusTIX
* Edit submitted arts event on our Ticketing Site, AusTIX.com and our signature online calendar, NowPlayingAustin.com for clarity, accuracy and zest.
* Compose narratives for events, organizations and venues.
* Provide rapid customer service to site users and assist site users in functions, as well as customer support over the phone and in person to both producers and patrons
* Provide images for entries as needed through public-domain sources.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
* Answer telephones
* Meet and greet clients and visitors.
* Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
* Support staff in assigned project based work.
* Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
* All employees of the Creative Alliance are expected to maintain high standards of productivity, cooperation, attendance and efficiency.
* All employees are responsible for promoting the mission of the organization.
* All employees maintain a voice to advocate for the arts and for the Creative Alliance specifically.
* All employees follow branding and communications standards established for the organization.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to Latifah Taormina, Executive Director, email@example.com or call 512.247.2531 fax: 512.247.2538