Thats right, folks. While we’re always looking for interns of all shapes and sizes, we’re putting out a special shout-out to anyone who might be interested in an internship in a Cultural Concierge position.
What all does that entail you might ask? Well ask no more, because here are some particulars!
Cultural Conceriege Intern: The Cultural Concierge Intern will have an interest in
gaining arts marketing competencies and professional box office experience, and
cultural tourism expertise through online ticketing management, electronic
correspondence, arts networking advancement, and day to day interaction with
customers and arts patrons. Intern will work downtown within the AusTIX Community
Box Office. This internship requires 10-20 hours per week – unpaid but can receive
• Prior knowledge and/or willingness to learn about the creative and cultural
offerings of Austin, TX
• Submit arts events on our signature discount tickets listing for clarity, accuracy
• Provide rapid customer service to producers and patrons and assist site users in
ticket purchases and online ticketing management
• Encouraged interaction with local tourists and hotel concierge, encouraging
sales of tickets within the box office.
• Social Media proficiency to assist Director of Interactive Media with twitter,
facebook, foursquare, and gowalla as it relates to AusTIX
• Maintain and send out weekly AusTIX Insider to Austin Arts patrons
• Participate in Community Activities, Meetups, and Events as assigned.